Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

oh my...

So, as it turns out, writing album reviews is hard. Really hard. I'm working on a writing sample for an internship I'm applying for to work for a music-related magazine and it's taking me FOREVER to get out something I'm proud of enough to send in. The album of choice is The Winter of Mixed Drinks by one of my favorites, Frightened Rabbit. I think the hard part for me at this point is that I have a lot to say about them but I can't manage to get it out of my brain and onto paper in a way that sounds good and gets my point across. I'm kind of at a "loss for words" (hah-i know, who woulda thunk it) and it's starting to take up more of my time than I thought. Is this what writing music reviews is always like? Does it get easier? I hope so. Otherwise I'm not really sure if applying for this internship is something I'd really like to do.  I love music, and talking with others about music, but talking is much easier than writing a coherent blurb about your favorite band of the moment.

Sigh.

In other news: I adopted a fish today. His name is Baldasar and he is a male betta. He is b-e-a-utiful and I will take some pictures of him as soon as I get him into his proper living quarters. Aka a new glass bowl that I shall procure tomorrow during my errands. Also, gym memberships rule. I went for about a year without going to the gym regularly and now that I've started again I have definitely caught the gym bug. It just feels so great to do something so wonderful for yourself. And the endorphins aren't bad either ;).
Also: THIS WEATHER IS SO BEAUTIFUL. I have a beach date on Saturday and I could not be more excited. I can't believe summer is almost here! And this summer = my 21st birthday which, needless to say, I'm a wee bit excited about.
Alright, I guess I better get back to my review writing attempts. Wish me luck! And if anyone has some handy dandy editing skills up their sleeves, don't be afraid to let me know, I'd love to have a second pair of eyes give me some fresh insight.
Tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment